Have you got itchy feet? Raring to go on that holiday you’ve always promised yourself?Maybe you are a seasoned traveller, but are looking for fresh ideas to satisfy your wanderlust. Well you have come to the right place.Here are a few things to consider to help you make the right travel arrangements to suit you.
- destination research and creating your travel itinerary – what you want to see,what you want to do.This easily is done online and,if you have one nearby, also visit your local travel agent. If you are a ‘newbie’ to travel you may wish to try first a destination that is not too demanding. Air travel does not suit everyone, and there are other options,but they will impact on your travel ambitions – you can opt for the staycation or the more exotic.
- solo or accompanied- Are you wishing to travel alone?There are many made-for-you travel plans catering for the solo traveller.Things to consider here are your preference for you own company,personal security; and also any health issues, perhaps a restricting physical condition.
- range of types of holiday – there are so many to choose from depending on the depth of you pocket – from the ‘stripped-down’ and basic, involving budget priced travel, to the luxurious. You may favour a quiet time away,perhaps a little sight-seeing or you might want to go for something a little more adventurous, a safari maybe.
- price comparison and booking – always good to shop around.The internet will helping this.For the over 50s there are many discounts to be had on travel insurance. Often,too, you can add value for money and comfort taking advantage of free upgrades. These often depend on the time of the year you are holidaying.
- local issues at your destinations- these can be many,varying from local events and customs making travel difficult or unwise(always check with the appropriate authorities) to whether or not pets are permitted to accompany you.
Let Rose and her Boomer Travel Service help you
If you want a one-stop site that will help you through most of the above including passport issue,visas,insurance,and so on,you should give Rose a try at Ageing Hipsters Travel Service. Full and clear travel advice and the vast experience of one who has travelled extensively through dozens of countries is available through an easily navigable website.A fund of travel stories from the 60 something ageing hipster can also be enjoyed at the ageing hipster travel blog.Enjoy!